Menu

strategy for least moves

by vampje » 2006-08-27 17:14:01 #4815

i posted this as a comment under today's game and then remembered the forums. i hope i picked the correct forum to post in.

for those of you obsessed with making the least moves, any hints on how you go about achieving this? i'm not looking for specific clues, more so the mind set behind figuring out how to least moves, some strategy. i seem to average a bit under 3 minutes for most games, so i figure i'll never be mouse quick enough to be first, but i want to aim at being smarter in my play.

by Adam Lyttle » 2006-08-27 17:15:41 #5823

Theres a discussion about it in another thread:

http://www.solitairecraving.com/forum.php?thread=266

It's interesting to see how people do this. Personally I don't have a good enough memory to keep track of all my moves.

by Lutzie11 » 2007-05-17 06:15:25 #5824

I'm new to this site, but im a solitaire master. here's some tricks i use.

right click: when you see anthing that can go into the top 4, where the aces are, right click and it goes up there faster. not sure if it will improve count but it will improve time.l

also, dont just put the cards from the stack into the bottom rows. use the cards at the top just to get rid of the piles then transfer the dcards from the deck into the four piles at the top.

im at school using a lap top right noww, but my best score for home solitare is 49 seconds, so when i get home, imj going to unleash :")

letschat.

-lutz

by kboo » 2007-06-01 12:55:44 #5825

What is this right click of which you speak? I think I may not have this feature since I'm playing on a Mac. I've tried it and nothing productive happens.

by MYRA » 2008-05-01 06:38:58 #5826

Hey, kboo. I think Lutzie11 meant to say that if you double click on the card, it will send the card on up to the stacks at the top.

by jumpingbird » 2015-03-10 09:11:39 #9661

The right-click options are in Solitaire for Windows (and maybe in other versions), but don't apply here.

As for the original question, although my answer is almost nine years late, a basic clue I read somewhere here was to only bring cards down if they allow you to move something.