Menu

subject Total moves count fail using Safari browser

by Jabba » 2015-06-02 17:07:43 #9672

There's a big bug affecting the gameplay with Safari browser: the total move count is incorrect and scores are lower using Safari browser. I just tried with Safari 5 and the count was lower than with Firefox 38 or Chrome 43 (same game, same sequence of moves).

by harleyman » 2015-06-03 01:23:07 #9673

Yes Jabba, there has been much discussion about this. No one seems to know exactly why. Perhaps a computer genius could figure out the why. I also played same game, same sequence, using all 3 browsers with different results.

by Jabba » 2015-06-03 02:02:09 #9674

thanks for replying harleyman... hope the admins will have time to figure out what's the problem, as much of the fun is competing on lowest moves (not everyone can afford an Apple computer just for that purpose smile)...

the old version of the solitaire software didn't seem to be affected though...

by harleyman » 2015-06-03 04:07:21 #9675

Jabba. on the old site all 3 browsers had no affect when I tried. Some claim Firefox yields low moves on the new site. I believe admin is aware and no action taken yet.

by Hamlette » 2015-06-25 17:39:47 #9686

jabba, my theory is the way it counts the cards that play up to the aces piles automatically at the very end.  we had a long discussion about it on May 30 or31 this year.  we all had the same move count when auto play started but those of us without the magic browser got 20 moves more.  also, the new game does not count it as a move when you put a king in a blank spot or when the cards tuen over automatically when you move the one on top of it.  that seems to be conskistent for all browsers.  if you go to the archives, youshould be able toget about 25 or so less moves
i'm having trouble moving cards down from the deck pile on this ipad.  it has let me play two games but that is all.

by harleyman » 2015-06-27 21:54:23 #9687

Suzan, I think the jury is still out on this. Even using same browser, move counts vary from player to player. It involves stacking  or playing straight up, which says player skill is present.